BPP from Thorne – Aging, illness, and the overuse of antacids can contribute to insufficient secretion of hydrochloric acid and pancreatic enzymes, resulting in incomplete digestion of food.* This maldigestion can result in various health problems, including nutrient malabsorption, digestive problems (such as gas, bloating, and diarrhea), and vitamin deficiencies (particularly of the fat-soluble vitamins).* Thorne offers hydrochloric acid and pure pepsin. Unlike many supplement companies, the pepsin utilized in Thorne’s product is pure, undiluted, and lactose-free. Thorne’s pure pancreatin is also lactose-free and has the highest potency and purity possible.* These elements are combined in one formula, BPP, to help aid in overall digestion.* Individuals who may be low in hydrochloric acid production and have malabsorption of protein, carbohydrates, and fats should consider B.P.P.*
Hydrochloric acid secretion in the stomach does several positive things. It assists protein digestion by activating pepsinogen to pepsin, it renders the stomach sterile against ingested pathogens, it inhibits undesirable overgrowth in the small intestine, and it encourages the flow of bile and pancreatic enzymes.* Hydrochloric acid also facilitates the absorption of a number of nutrients, including folate, vitamin B12, ascorbic acid, beta-carotene, iron, and some forms of calcium, magnesium, and zinc.* Numerous studies have shown hydrochloric acid secretion in the stomach declines with advancing age. Overuse of antacids can also lead to low levels of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, which can result in poor protein digestion.*
Pancreatin is a mixture of several digestive enzymes produced by cells in the pancreas. Pancreatin is composed of amylase, lipase, and protease. Pancreatin production and secretion by the pancreas is essential to digestion and absorption of numerous nutrients, especially fats.*
Two Capsules Contain:
- Betaine Hydrochloride* 1.04 g.
- Pancreatin (Porcine)** 200 mg.
- Pepsin (Porcine)***40 mg.*Equivalent to 16 grains.
**Equivalent to 3.2 grains (208 mg) of pepsin 1:3,000 potency.
**The Pancreatin in one capsule will typically provide the following:
- Amylase 25,000 USP Units
- Protease 23,000 USP Units
- Lipase 3,600 USP Units
- Other Ingredients:Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Leucine, Silicon Dioxide.Note: Betaine Hydrochloride derived from a non-plant source. This product is not diluted with lactose. Individuals with porcine allergies should not take this product.
- Suggested Use:Take 1-2 capsules with each meal or as recommended by a health-care practitioner.Servings Per Container: 90
Please read the warnings for this product
Statements and Warnings:
- This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
- PURITY This product does not contain wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, soy, egg, dairy products, or artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, or artificial flavors. This product also does not contain lactose, palmitic acid, magnesium stearate, or stearic acid.
- If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
- B.P.P. should not be used concurrent with H2-blocking drugs and proton pump inhibitors because these drugs are intended to block the production of stomach HCl.
- B.P.P. should be used with caution in an individual with a history of a peptic or duodenalulcer.
It is not recommended to remove the B.P.P. powder from the capsule to take orally, as it can be irritating to the oral mucosa.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.*