It is commonly known that when taken orally curcumin (also known as turmeric) is poorly absorbed. Meriva is a highly bioavailable curcumin (turmeric) extract that uses Indena’s phytosome technology to significantly increase its absorption.
- Phytosomes are a precise linkage of a plant flavonoid molecule with a phospholipid molecule – in this case, phosphatidylcholine. A bond is formed between the two molecules to create a hybrid molecule, providing superior absorption and utilization of the attached botanical extract.
- Superior absorption supported by research
- A 2007 single-dose pharmacokinetic animal study demonstrated Meriva’s superior bioavailability, compared to ordinary curcumin.
- The results demonstrated a >20-fold increase in absorption of curcumin from Meriva versus a standard curcumin preparation.
- In addition, a 2010 three- month clinical trial demonstrated 1,000 mg of Meriva-SR per day helped maintain healthy C-reactive protein levels and promoted healthy joint comfort and mobility.
- Furthermore, a 2010 randomized, single-blind, crossover human study revealed total curcuminoid bioavailability, as evaluated by the plasma area under the curve (AUC), to be 29-fold higher for Meriva than for the conventional standardized curcumin extract.
Serving Size: Two Capsules
Servings Per Container: 60
Two Capsules Contain: Curcumin Phytosome* (Curcuma longa extract (root) / Phosphatidylcholine complex) 1 g
Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Leucine, CalciumCitrateLaurate, Silicon Dioxide, Microcrystalline Cellulose.
Suggested Use: Take 1-2 capsules two times daily or as recommended by a health-care practitioner
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients. Meriva-500 contains curcumin phytosome – a plant extract complexed with phosphatidylcholine, which is derived from soy. Phosphatidylcholine contains no soy protein. There are no other soy-based ingredients in Meriva-500.PURITY This product does not contain wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, egg, dairy products, or artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, or artificial flavors. This product also does not contain lactose, palmitic acid, magnesium stearate, or stearic acid.
If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
INTERACTIONS: Curcumin has been shown to reduce the therapeutic efficacy of cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan) in animal studies. In vitro research revealed that curcumin decreased camptothecin-induced death of cultured breast cancer cells. Curcumin might also interfere with the absorption and efficacy of the chemotherapy drug irinotecan, used to treat colon cancer. The concurrent use of curcumin with these agents should be avoided.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.*